- Not women's cloakroom, but women’s cloakroom.
- Not ladie's underwear, but ladies’ underwear.
- Not Boy’s Gym, but Boys’ Gym.
- Not Orange’s and Lemon’s say the bell’s of St Clements, but Oranges and Lemons say the bells of St. Clements. (See the greengrocer's apostrophe)
- Not The Jones’ house, but The Joneses’ house (See the cottage sign error)
- Not “The Smith’s" on the sign at the cottage, but "The Smiths' ”.
- Not She want’s to leave, but She wants to leave.
- Not The dog sat on it’s tail, but The dog sat on its tail. (See its and it's)
- Not Its a nice day, but It’s a nice day. (See its and it's)
- Not For Jesus’s sake, but for Jesus' sake.
Return to Language page